The conference will be of interest to all stakeholders in quality assurance and harmonization in higher education in Africa as well as policy makers and practitioners from other regions of the world. Participation is open but not limited to:
- Ministers in charge of Education/Higher Education/Science and Technology/ICTs and Labour
- Permanent Secretaries/Directors-General of Education and Senior Officials
- Heads and management teams of national and regional quality assurance agencies
- Vice-Chancellors, Rectors and Provosts of higher education institutions
- Officers and Members of AfriQAN
- Officers in charge of higher education at the African Union Commission
- Quality Assurance practitioners
- Experts in ICT, teaching and research in higher education
- Civil society
- Staff Unions
- Students and Students’ Associations
- Professional associations
- Employers or employers’ associations
- Development Partners including the ADEA and the European Union
- Stakeholders in education in Africa
- Stakeholders in higher education from other regions of the world
- Arrival: Monday, October 7
- Conference, Workshops, Parallel Sessions, Special Sessions and Contributed Paper presentations: Tuesday-Thursday, October 8-10
- AfriQAN Annual meeting: Wednesday October 9
- Symposium of Rectors, Vice-Chancellors and Presidents, Thursday, October 10
- Excursion and Tours and Conference closing dinner: Thursday, October 10
- Closing ceremony and Departure: Friday, October 11
The conference will hold at Sheraton Hotel and Towers, Abuja, Nigeria.
A conference fee of $250 (two hundred and fifty US dollars) will apply to all non-student participants. Students will be expected to pay $50 (fifty dollars) for registration.
A limited amount of space will be available for commercial vendors' displays/exhibits during the conference.
The working languages of the meeting will be English and French.